![]() |
| The same message can be told through different news platforms |
I feel like I get the majority of my news from social media especially Instagram. This is normally the start of my search. I'll see a shocking post or video on Instagram and double check what I see with a professional news source like the ones below. Although most of the accounts I see/follow are creditable it's very easy to get scammed by click bate posts and AI. I have defiantly fallen victim to both AI and click bate and Instagram and have 100% learned my lesson. By default because I am on social media a lot I see news first there but I never let it stop there.
Again this isn't always the most reliable source for news but it is a great starting point. On TikTok I'll see the same news story multiple times. This helps me realize that the story is probably true. Similarly to Instagram I then go and search up what I saw to a professional news source. TikTok is good at giving me the main headline but not a lot of detail into the news story. Again I really try not to let my search stop at social media.
WRAL is the main news source that is used in my hometown. They are local to Raleigh, NC and report both news in our area and broader. I live in Durham, NC which is about 30 minutes from Raleigh so WRAL is one of the closest and biggest news outlets that most locals rely on. I have a lot of different memories attached to WRAL from checking in elementary school to see if we had a snow day to high school wanting to learn more about the lock down we experienced in school. Through WRAL I learned a lot about my city and the surrounding areas.
I came for the games but stayed for the articles. I use to play the New York Times games all the time in high school. Now I normally browse the New York Times during my down time just to see what is going on in the world. I really enjoy that the home page has a mix of different topics from politics, the stock market, pop culture and fashion. Normally I don't really move past the home page but I always click on a few different articles.





No comments:
Post a Comment